Custom Pro Blue Pond Dye adds beauty to ponds, lakes, fountains and lagoons. Each container holds 1 quart/32 fluid ounces of dye.
The dye provides a natural medium blue that works great with water gardens or ornamental ponds, adding brilliant contrast between the water and the surrounding lush green plants.
Each quart of this dye has 4 times the concentration of 1 gallon of most other brands. One quart of Custom Pro Blue Pond Dye colors 1 surface acre 4' to 6' deep.
Apply in early spring for year-round beauty. The water temperature does not affect Pond Dye, it should be applied every 4-8 weeks or as needed to maintain a beautiful color throughout the season. Heavy rain and / or strong sunlight may require additional pond paint treatments.
Pond Dye can be applied to lakes and ponds used for irrigation and aquaculture. Pond Dye treated water can be used for recreation, fishing, and other activities immediately after treatment. Safe for recreational ponds, horses, livestock, birds, pets, fish, wildlife, and the environment. Do not apply to water intended for human consumption. It should not be used in small water games or water gardens.
- Shake well before use.
- In a small body of water, use 1 teaspoon (5ml) per 1,500 gallons.
- More may be added for a darker color if desired.
- Pour the dye at several points around the pond's edge, wearing protective gloves. No mixing required.
- Apply dye every 4 to 8 weeks or as needed to maintain the desired appearance.
- This dye can be used in all water temperatures.
- In cold climates, add this dye just before winter to stop sunlight from penetrating ice.
i dye my Koi pond every Nov to keep the mink that live on the nearby Little Miami River from hunting/taking them all. Used to get black dye but only the blue was available this year. I completely colored the water and the Koi are invisible on the bottom of the pond, safe for the winter.