Cutrine Plus is an effective contact algaecide treatment that is safe for ponds with scaled fish. It controls green water algae, string algae and bottom-growing algae, including Chara and Nitella. It also controls the rooted water plant Hydrilla verticillata.
It works on contact and is designed for application with a pressure sprayer. It uses copper ethanolamine complexes but has no corrosive sulfates, unlike most other algaecides. This means hard water doesn't reduce its effectiveness.
Treats up to 1.66 acre feet
- Combine with a minimum 9 parts water.
- Spray uniformly across the water surface; allow more coarse droplets for maximum surface penetration.
- Apply when the water temperature is above 60 degrees Fahrenheit in early morning.
- Treat only 1/4 to 1/3 of the pond at one time because dying plants reduce the oxygen in the water, which is dangerous for fish and plants.
- Wait at least 14 days between treatments.
- Allow 3 to 4 days for filamentous algae kill and 24 to 48 hours for cellular algae kill.
Application rates vary by algae type, infestation level and pond size. Follow the product's label directions. For a low density growth of green water algae, for example, use 0.6 gallon of Cutrine-Plus per acre-foot of pond. For a high density growth of green water algae, use 1.8 gallons of Cutrine-Plus per acre-foot of pond.
Koi Care Kennel