Weedtrine-D is a broad-range, non-volatile herbicide that controls submerged, floating aquatic and marginal pond weeds. It is also used for top-kill of shoreline emergent weeds and as a grass and broadleaf weedkiller in non-crop and non-planted areas. Plants it controls include duckweed, coontail, elodea, naiad, pondweed and milfoil. Its effects are visible in a few days in most cases.
- Apply early in the day when water temperatures are at least 60°F.
- Treat when growth first appears.
- When fish are present, treat in small sections to avoid oxygen depletion from decaying vegetation consuming too much oxygen at once.
- For best results on tough-to-kill aquatic weeds, tank mix with Cutrine Plus Algaecide.
- Easy dilute and spray application
- Fast results on a broad range of under water weeds
- Water use is restricted for irrigation, drinking (animal or human) and swimming. See product label for details.
- A surfactant is necessary when using this product with any weed on or above the water surface
- Application rates range from 2.5 to 10 gallons per surface acre
- Duckweed requires 5 gallons per surface acre, and submersed weeds require 5 to 10 gallons per surface acre.
- Treat only 1/4 to 1/3 of a pond at one time if it has dense weed areas because dying weeds reduce the water's oxygen level, which can endanger fish.
- Wait 14 days between treatments.
Koi Care Kennel