Algae Defense by Pond Logic Airmax is a fast acting algaecide that is very effective against a wide array of algae. This pond treatment is intended for use in a pressurized sprayer and can cover up to 8,000 square feet per gallon.
Controlling string algae, green water algae and Chara/Nitella algae, Algae Defense is most effective when algae is actively growing and forming.
Algae Defense is not recommended for water gardens or ponds containing koi, goldfish, grass carp or trout unless the water carbonate hardness is above 50 ppm.
- Apply Algae Defense during early stages of algae bloom when water is above 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Refer to the table below, and mix Algae Defense with water in a pressurized sprayer.
- Spray the mixture directly on algae, but do so in only one pond section at a time because dying algae reduces oxygen, endangering fish and plants. Treat 1/2 of the pond at a time during normal conditions, and treat 1/4 of the pond at a time in hot weather or if heavy algae growth is present.
- Apply the treatment every 14 days, treating opposite sections of the pond.
- Remove as much brown and dead algae as possible.
- Follow the treatment with a beneficial bacteria or other pond additive that can eliminate the excess nutrients that feed algae.
|Treatment Area||Algae Defense||Water|
|2,000 square feet||1/4 gallon||2.5 gallons|
|4,000 square feet||1/2 gallon||5 gallons|
|8,000 square feet||1 gallon||10 gallons|
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos