Matala Biosteps 10 Filter System
- Gravity filter with cross flow design offers exceptional mechanical and biological filtration for koi ponds and other water gardens
- Can be upgraded with an attachable spillway weir and/or a UV clarifier
- Biosteps 10 Filter System features rugged construction and a 2 year warranty
- Provides 200 sq. ft. of surface area for beneficial bacteria to colonize
- Multiple units can be combined for large ponds
- Product Description
- Product Other Details
- Product Videos
- Product Reviews
Matala's Biostep 10 is an expandable gravity filter with a cross flow design that easily traps debris at high flow rates. The included Matala filter pads are staggered in density to provide the highest level of mechanical filtration. They also have 200 sq. ft. for beneficial bacteria to colonize. Beneficial bacteria outcompete algae for nutrients, reducing the growth of algae and increasing overall pond health. The Biosteps 10 base system is 23 3/16" x 15" x 20 3/16" H x 15" W x 23 3/16" L. It has a 1", 1.25" and 1.5" universal barb fitting and a 2 year limited warranty.
The optional spillway weir creates a waterfall, producing a beautiful accent while improving water flow and helping to aerate the pond.
The optional UV clarifier is available in 9 watts, 13 watts or 18 watts. The ultraviolet light destroys green water algae. Pond UV clarifiers require a slower water flow to be effective. Refer to the table below for pump flow and pond size recommendations. The UV clarifier body and transformer have a 1 year limited warranty.
Sizes & Specs:
|Model||Max Pond Size||Max Flow Rate|
with Spillway Weir
|2,660 gallons||1,060 gph|
|Biosteps 10||2,660 gallons||1,060 gph|
|Biosteps 10 with
9W UV Clarifier
|800 gallons||400 gph*|
|Biosteps 10 with
18W UV Clarifier
|1,600 gallons||660 gph*|
* Max flow rate with 1.25 inch hose diameter from pump to filter.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
Customers also viewed