Microbe-Lift BSDT is the pre-eminent broad spectrum malachite green and formalin treatment for fish diseases. It is formulated differently from any other malachite green and formalin mix. Malachite green and formalin are two drugs that are more effective and less toxic in combination than when used individually. This is the definition of synergism. What makes BSDT the pre-eminent product in this field is the fact that it is formulated with malachite green chloride, instead of the more toxic oxalate salt. As with any malachite green and formalin treatment, do NOT use this treatment with pond salt and other medications.
BSDT is the safest and most effective treatment for the control of fish diseases caused by Ichthyophthirius (Ich), Costia, Trichodina, Chilodonella, Oodinium and fungal infections. This is not an economic poison and is not intended for use as such. BSDT is the only malachite green and formalin treatment that can be used in water temperatures as low as 50° Fahrenheit, allowing it to be applied in early spring and late fall.
Specs & Instructions:
32 oz. treats up to 9,600 gallons
1 gal. treats up to 38,400 gallons
* Apply 3.5 fl oz. of the treatment per 1,000 gallons of water.
* Change 25% to 90% of the water before the treatment. The higher percentage of water changed will increase the treatment's effectiveness.
* Remove all carbon filtration before the application.
* The treatment may be repeated daily for a maximum of 3 days, with at least a 25% water change prior to each treatment.
* Do not bypass biofilters. Allow for full treatment for best results.
Product worked well and was shipped quickly. Great service!