Green Vista Hydro-Bugs Liquid Bacteria Pond Treatment has been scientifically blended and tested to ensure the best results. Enhancing the biofilters of new and existing ponds, Hydro-Bugs cleans the water and with continued use keeps the water clear. This natural pond algae control is a liquid beneficial bacteria containing electrolytes and probiotic microbes that reduce ammonia, sludge, uneaten fish food, fish waste and other excess nutrients, which contribute to poor water quality.
- 16 oz. - treats up to 8,000 gallons
- 32 oz. - treats up to 16,000 gallons
- 1 gal. - treats up to 64,000 gallons
- When using natural products such as Hydro-Bugs, patience is required! Please allow 6 to 8 weeks to see complete results.
- Turn off all UV treatments for 24 hours after application to ensure that the bacteria have time to colonize your pond.
- For best results, please use in water above 50 degrees Fahrenheit (10 degrees Celsius).
- Apply 2 ounces (12 teaspoons or 60 ml.) per 1,000 gallons of pond water.
- Apply the product near the water feature's pump or in front of the skimmer to allow proper dispersion through the filtration system.
- In a new pond or springtime startup, apply this product daily for the first two weeks of filter operation.
- Continue treatment at least 2 to 4 times per month thereafter as part of ongoing preventative maintenance.
- If extremely poor water quality exists, such as ammonia registering at any level, or improperly filtered water, then the treatment quantity may need to be increased to 3 ounces (18 teaspoons or 90 ml.) for every 1,000 gallons of pond water.
have only used once but have convenience in Green Vista