Bio Balls Filter Media - 1.5" size
- Excellent filtration media for bacteria colonization; each bioball is 1.5" in diameter.
- Extremely dense surface area for microbial adhesion
- Used in hatcheries, tropical fish farms, koi ponds, waste water systems, cooling towers, and other commercial and industrial water clarification systems
- 750 bioballs equal 1 cubic foot, and 100 bioballs equal 1 gallon.
- PLEASE NOTE: Bio balls shipments are based on weight. Counts are estimates that may vary up to 5 percent.
- Product Description
- Product Other Details
- Product Videos
- Product Reviews
Bio balls are commonly used to provide biological filtration in koi ponds, water gardens and freshwater or saltwater aquariums. These bioballs allow good nitrifying bacteria to grow and colonize on them thereby breaking down harmful ammonia and nitrites in water. So the end result is water that has been filtered and is much better in quality. Better quality water = healthier fish and other aquatic life.
The surface area for the 1.5" diameter bioballs is very good; for every one cubic foot the surface area is 65 square feet.
Approximately 750 bio balls equal one cubic foot.
A helpful equation is: 100 bioballs = 1 gallon capacity.
Available Quantities: We offer bio balls in 9 options, from 100/bag up to and including 2,000/bag.
Choose from: 100, 200, 300, 500, 600, 700, 800, 1,000 or 2,000 bioballs.
Helpful Hint: Put bio balls in a mesh bag for ease of handling when cleaning.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
Customers also viewed