Barley Straw Bale - 8 oz.
- Green Vista Water Gardens Organic Barley Pond Straw releases barley straw's natural properties to stop algae from forming in water.
- Barley straw is effective against algae in backyard ponds, water gardens, koi ponds, farm ponds, and all other types of ponds and waterscapes.
- SAFE FOR POND LIFE: Koi, other kinds of fish and plants are safe with barley straw.
- Best applied early, before algae is established.
- GROWN IN THE USA: This 100 percent natural barley straw is grown and baled in the USA.
- Product Description
- Product Other Details
- Product Videos
- Product Reviews
Barley Pond Straw employs the all natural qualities of barley straw to deter algae in water and on surfaces. It works in a variety of waterscapes, including small farm ponds, golf course water features, detention ponds, and retention ponds. Barley straw is safe for aquatic plants, Koi and other fish that live in backyard ponds. It is also safe to use with both pets and livestock, which means barley straw bales are not only great to use in water gardens but also in large mud-bottom farm or fishing ponds.
Place this barley straw in shallow water in a sunny location; putting it in a stream, waterfall or near constant water movement is ideal. For best results, split each barley straw bale into smaller, 4 ounce clumps and space them along the pond's or other waterscape's perimeter.
Recommended application is approximately 8 oz per 1,000 gallons of water. For best results, reapply the barley straw every 4 to 6 months.
When applying the straw to the water, it is convenient to first put it into a mesh bag (or similar) before placing around the pond's perimeter.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!