Jumbo Natural Barley Pond Straw Bales
- Fish safe, all natural, & chemical free algae prevention.
- Product of the USA. Grown and baled in our home state of Ohio, your purchase helps support our local farmers!
- Can be used in backyard water gardens, koi ponds, and even large farm ponds. Barley straw is effective against algae in all types of ponds and water-scapes.
- 8 oz treats up to 1,000 gallons in a water garden or koi pond. For best results reapply straw every 4-6 months.
- For large farm ponds 8 lbs of barley straw will treat a 1/4 acre pond for up to 6 months.
- Barley is baled to a uniform size (5" x 7" x 11") rather than an exact weight. Individual bales vary in weight between 1 - 1.25 lbs and are sold in quantities of 2.
- Product Description
- Product Other Details
- Product Videos
- Product Reviews
Green Vista Water Gardens JUMBO Natural Barley Pond Straw employs the all natural qualities of barley straw to deter algae in water and on surfaces. It works in a variety of waterscapes, including small farm ponds, golf course water features, detention ponds and retention ponds.
Barley straw is safe for aquatic plants, Koi and other fish that live in backyard ponds. It is also safe to use with both pets and livestock which means barley straw bales are not only great to use in water gardens but also in large mud-bottom farm or fishing ponds.
JUMBO 16-20 oz bales are a great value, especially when used in large backyard pond or farm ponds!
Place this barley straw in shallow water in a sunny location; putting it in a stream, waterfall or near constant water movement is ideal.
For best results, split each barley straw bale into smaller, 4 to 8 ounce clumps and space them along the pond's or other waterscape's perimeter.
Recommended application is approximately 8 oz per 1,000 gallons of water. For best results, reapply the barley straw every 4 to 6 months.
When applying the straw to the water, it is convenient to first put it into a mesh bag (or similar) before placing around the pond's perimeter.
One 1 - 1.25 lb bale treats up to 1,000 gallons of water for 10 to 12 months.
8 bales can treat up to a ¼ acre pond for 6 months.
12 bales can treat up to a ½ acre pond for 6 months.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
Customers also viewed